My life, as the saying goes, is an open bookblog – albeit a rather mundane one. So when I was tagged by Patrix to reveal five secrets, I rued that I wasn’t moonlighting as a secret agent involved in exotic adventures or wasn’t even an heir to a large fortune living incognito as a post-doc. Then I thought about doing a comic turn by posting something on the lines of "Boost is the secret…." …but…as you can plainly see, comic creativity has never been a strong suite.
Therefore, here are some plain-jane, possibly true secrets about me.
1. I am a sucker for romantic comedy films. There – I said it !! However, it can’t be just any run of the mill, mushiness-drenched hash. It has to be funny above all else and eventually, a bit irrverent. Some intelligent dialogues would help too e.g. Woody Allen movies like Annie Hall or Everyone Says that I love You. Flicks on the lines of Love Actually, Green Card and of course, When Harry Met Sally etc I enjoy as well (no-nos are films like Serendipity or The Wedding Planner). Although not exactly comedies, my favorite romantic films are Before Sunrise and Before Sunset.
2. While on the subject of cinema, my favorite actress of all time is Audrey Hepburn. The favorite among the current crop are Julia Roberts and …..errr……Cameron Diaz. And before anyone starts questioning me about the latter choice, I’d suggest they watch Being John Malkovich first.
(also before anyone asks: although not that funny and quite mushy, I completely dug My Best Friend’s Wedding)
3. My secret ambition is to be a bartender someday. Actually – I would like to own a bar, preferably on or near the beach
4. My other ambition is to write a novel, while living in a small bungalow in some Himalayan hill-station no less (inspired by Ruskin Bond, perhaps). Sadly, this one is positively doomed to failure for various reasons – chief being I can’t really write.
5. My hand to eye coordination and reflexes are piss poor – I cannot play computer games (other than racing ones) or cricket very well.
Anyone reading this, considered yourself tagged.